Wadi Hostel, an architectural gem immersed in nature
Wadi Hostel is hidden in the forest of the de Hoge Rielen in Kasterlee. The circular building embraces the forest, as it were, making it a unique hostel in Belgium.
Wherever you look outside from the hostel, you are always in direct visual contact with nature.
The progressive design by the Italian architectural firm 'Studio Secchi-Viganò' is fully integrated into the green space of the de Hoge Rielen domain.
Everybody is welcome at Wadi Hostel, also families. Wadi Hostel excels both in architecture and atmosphere. Wadi Hostel more than meets these criteria.
Greetje and Kristien
Wadi Hostel specific information
Are you looking for an inspiring place in Belgium for a multi-day training course with your organisation or an excursion with your students? Or do you simply want to escape the daily hustle and bustle? Then you must stay at Wadi Hostel. The hostel is ideal for groups, families, educational institutions, cyclists and students, and offers many facilities.
- 18 rooms for up to 4 people4 beds per room, 2 of which are folding beds
- Private bathroom with shower and separate toilet
- Folding desk and 4 chairs
- In 2 of the rooms, beds are rented per bed
- 2 rooms for people with disabilities
- 2 beds per room
- Private adapted bathroom with shower, toilet, and washbasin
- Wireless internet
- Bed linen package and 1 large towel per person, is included
- 24 hours access to the café (with TV, computer with internet access), which is within walking distance of the hostel
- Breakfast included (served in the restaurant, which is within walking distance of the hostel)
- Free use of the fire pits to make a campfire (to be booked in advance)
- With an option to reserve meals in the restaurant
- (Possibility of making a booking for the climbing forest
- The de Hoge Rielen is a vast domain full of opportunities to play and walk
- Green Key
- Autism-friendly accommodation. View the visual step-by-step plan prepared by Toerisme voor Autisme (Tourism for Autism - only in Dutch).
Price per night per room (incl. breakfast, sheets and towel):
- Category 1: 57,09 euros
- Category 2: 63,44 euros
- Category 3: 90,47 euros
- Category 4 VAT included: 111,64 euros
Shortlist Mies van der Rohe Award
In 2015 Wadi Hostel obtained the shortlist for the European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture – Mies van der Rohe Award . This is an biennially award for qualitatively innovative architectuer in Europe. It's an import European architectural award.
See the movie for an impression of Wadi Hostel.